What The Health! Why Every American Should Watch This Documentary
January 12th, 2018
Contributing writer for Wake Up World
Back when I was studying nutritional science in university, I began to seriously question what we were being taught. The alarm bells didn’t truly go off, however, until we ventured into the core of the program — dietary recommendations for health.
I was quite surprised to discover these recommendations were nothing more than the USDA food pyramid developed in the early 1990s. Processed food heavy — with a staggering recommendation of 6-11 servings of bread, cereal, rice and pasta — the bottom tier of the pyramid is the result of reducing the fruit and vegetable suggestion, due to an order by the Secretary of Agriculture who wanted to push more cereal grains and processed foods.
Meat, poultry, fish and eggs are ingeniously grouped with plant-based protein options like beans and nuts — making no distinction between the items, only recommending 2-3 servings a day. If someone didn’t know better, you would think this would give you free rein to eat meat three times a day — just imagine all the bacon and processed deli meat! Not only that, but, according to the pyramid, you can consume 2-3 servings of dairy per day. Again, no mention of the health effects of sugar-laden yogurt or full-fat milk.
Recommended articles by Carolanne Wright:
- Want Cancer? Eat Plenty of Refined Sugar, Say Researchers
- A Glorious Fight Against Food Waste: Supermarket Chain Celebrates “Ugly” Produce — With Stunning Results
- Iceland Taught Kids How to Get Naturally High – And Teenage Substance Abuse Plummeted
- Brain Scans Show Psychedelic Drugs Really Do Spark Heightened States of Consciousness
- A Tiny House Revolution: Sell Your Crap, Free Your Finances and Live the Good Life for Less
- Brain Waves and Binaural Beats: A Gateway to Higher Consciousness, Enhanced Learning and Brain Function
- States With Medical Marijuana Laws Have Lower Rates of Opioid-Related Deaths, Study Finds
- 85% of Tampons, Pads and Other Feminine Care Products Contaminated with Monsanto’s Cancer-Causing Glyphosate
- Why Every Parent Should Consider Unschooling
- Plastic-Eating Mushroom Discovered in the Amazon Rainforest — A Solution for Our Trash Saturated World?
- Want to Enjoy a Long, Happy Life? Live Near Trees, Say Researchers
FACEBOOK]: http://www.facebook.com/joinwakeupworld (An interactive community of over 3,500,000)
[GOOGLE PLUS]: https://plus.google.com/112452105795129310867/posts